Direct Marketing - Legal Risks & How to Overcome Them
Courses take place in:
It is legitimate for all types of organisations to promote their products and services widely. However, the law restricts the ability of organisations to send marketing messages to individuals (direct marketing), an activity which is now heavily regulated in both the UK and in the European Union.
These restrictions present risks that can affect a brand’s value and consumer trust. In 2011, the Information Commissioner acquired the power to fine organisations that breach the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations by sending unsolicited marketing emails.
This training course, which includes instruction on the provisions of the upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation as well as the implications of Brexit, provides delegates with a practical analysis of the legal rules that affect direct marketing by post, fax, telephone, text message and email. Attending this session will give delegates the peace of mind in knowing how to ensure that their organisation’s direct marketing activities meet the legal requirements.
The session addresses the practical questions that organisations face in devising lawful marketing campaigns, including:
- the different rules for different communication methods: email (and text message), post, fax, telephone
- the distinction between opt-out and opt-in permissions, and when to use each
- how to ensure that your organisation can benefit from the ability to use opt-out permissions to legitimise its marketing
- the difference between targeting corporate entities and individuals
- what information must be included in direct marketing communications
- whether your organisation can use its existing database of contacts for marketing purposes
- whether and when it is lawful to use marketing lists purchased or acquired from third parties (e.g. list rental agencies and merged or acquired businesses)
- how to comply with the new requirements for website cookies
- the powers of the Information Commissioner to fine organisations for breaches of the legal requirements
Participants in this training course will gain all the knowledge necessary to ensure that their organisations are able to conduct successful and lawful direct marketing campaigns.
and other courses
by this Trainer
|London||Thursday, 06 July 2017 |
Short Day – 10.00am to 4.00pm
£475 plus VAT or €625 plus VAT
10% discount for second delegate
15% discount for third and subsequent delegates
(bookings must be made at the same time to receive multiple delegate discounts)
Who should attend:
Managers and Planners, Marketing Communications Officers, Marketing Account Directors, Advertising Directors and Managers, Compliance Officers, Data Protection Officers, Commercial Lawyers, Office Managers, and others.
View training courses by:
“Excellent! Both practical and informative.”
“Good course. I thought Eduardo was excellent!”
Flint Bishop Solicitors
“Excellent interactive workshop all the way through.”
“Eduardo was very knowledgeable and helpful.”
Air Partner Plc
“Excellent course. Would recommend to colleagues.”
“Course gave all the information I required, and all of my questions were answered.”
Direct Line Group
Macmillan Cancer Support