Data Protection Essential Knowledge - Level 1
Courses take place in:
London, Belfast, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dublin, Cork and Brussels
This course is an introductory level course for all those that are new to data protection, or those that require a refresher on the fundamental concepts. It is designed for people who work with, or will work with, data protection issues on a regular basis.
This invaluable and practical training session examines core concepts of practical data protection compliance, including:
- how data protection law applies to your organisation
- what can and cannot be done with staff information and customer information
- an introduction to the requirement to keep data secure, and how to meet that requirement
- the rights of individuals, such as customers and staff, in respect of data held by your organisation
- the legal requirements for gathering information for marketing, including an introduction to the use of opt-out and opt-in clauses
- the requirements for using CCTV cameras
- an introduction to handling requests for information by individuals
- the special rules that apply to using ‘sensitive personal data’ (e.g. medical information, criminal convictions, ethnicity)
- an introduction to the restrictions on sending personal data abroad
- the legal requirements for outsourcing personal data processing operations, e.g. payroll, call-centres, private investigators and confidential waste management companies
- an introduction to the principle of ‘accountability’
- the role of the data protection regulator
A discount is available for delegates booking both Data Protection Essential Knowledge - Level 1 and Data Protection Essential Knowledge - Level 2 - see below.
and other courses
by this Trainer
|London||Wednesday, 26 June 2013 |
|Cork||Wednesday, 25 September 2013 |
|Dublin||Thursday, 26 September 2013 |
|Edinburgh||Wednesday, 02 October 2013 |
|Manchester||Wednesday, 16 October 2013 |
|Bristol||Monday, 21 October 2013 |
|Brussels||Monday, 28 October 2013 |
|London||Monday, 04 November 2013 |
|Belfast||Monday, 11 November 2013 |
|London||Monday, 13 January 2014 |
Short Day – 10.00am to 4.00pm (lunch included)
£445* plus VAT or €575* plus VAT
15% discount for second delegate
20% discount for third and subsequent delegates
(above discounts apply for individual courses only)
*The fee for both the Level 1 and Level 2 courses
booked together is £795 plus VAT or €1035 plus VAT
Who should attend:
Compliance Officers, Human Resources Managers,
Office Managers, Company Secretaries, IT Managers,
Business Analysts, Records Managers, Archivists,
Information Managers, Legal Advisors, Trainee Data
Protection Officers, Database Managers, and others.
View training courses by:
“Very good speaker!”
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
"Overall the course was very useful and an excellent insight to the requirements. I felt that Peter Carey definitely had the experience and knowledge to deal with any query we could through at him (and we asked a lot of questions!!)"
"The tutor had fantastic delivery – clarity, simplicity, patience and authority. Cannot ask for more!"
British Safety Council
"The instructor’s knowledge was second to none and I would absolutely recommend this course."
"The tutor’s abilities in dealing with questions were excellent."
The Pensions Regulator
"Relevant and practical. Good course notes to take away will help with the implementation of our DP policy. An excellent course."