Courses take place in:
London and Dublin
Every business that processes, stores or transmits credit or debit card holder data must meet the requirements established in the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS). Companies are struggling to find cost-effective ways to implement the required risk management framework.
This course presents a comprehensive review of the standard along with its goals and objectives, and features real life examples of implementing controls. You will learn what policies and controls need to be implemented to be compliant and how to design compensating controls when you need to. The course details the compliance process and provides proven steps to achieve and maintain compliance. The course presenter is a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) certified by the PCI Security Standards Council with hands-on skills and experience in getting companies compliant quickly and cost-effectively.
Key aspects of this course include:
- a complete review of the PCI DSS - 6 goals - 12 requirements
- explanation of the prioritised “Milestone” implementation approach
- overview of the Card Brand, Acquirer, Service Provider, Merchant, QSA and ASV roles
- what evidence you need to produce
- how to effectively use Compensating Controls
- the polices that must be in place for compliance
- ASV Scanning and Security Penetration Testing Requirements
- wireless, Cloud and Virtualisation controls
- the supporting PA DSS and PTS standards
- practical Exercises
- ROI and key messages for the business