Bribery Level 2: Implementing the Culture Change
Courses take place in:
London and Dublin
“It couldn’t happen in my organisation” is a popular refrain; but what anti-bribery controls do you and your organisation have in place - and how effective will they be now that the Bribery Act is in force and potentially opens up processes, and people, to hitherto unheard of levels of legal scrutiny? Central to an effective anti-bribery programme - one that meets both the spirit and letter of the Bribery Act and related legislation - is a strong anti-bribery culture. However, delivering that culture is often one of the most challenging areas, and the most difficult to measure. This one-day training course will enable practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines to consider the cultural requirements of an effective anti-bribery and corruption programme - and how that culture change can be successfully implemented, managed and measured. Areas covered include:
- How does bribery occur?
- Who perpetrates bribery, and why?
- Bribery risks, and risk mitigation
- Anti-bribery strategy - Taking the high ground
- What is an anti-bribery culture?
- Cultural aspects of the Bribery Act, and related legislation
- Rules and principles
- Tools and techniques - the Compliance Covenant and Compliance Passport
- Incentives and disincentives, including the ‘level playing field’
- Anti-Bribery - monitoring and measuring, including Benford’s Law
- Managing third-party culture
- Culture and processes, including certifications
- Culture and the Code of Conduct
- Managing, implementing and assessing culture change
- Culture and corporate reputation in practice
Delegates will have the opportunity to work through an anti-bribery culture change case study, which will enable them to consider how those tools, techniques and approaches could be used in their own company or organisation; this will be supported by internationally-published short bribery and compliance Whitepapers produced by the Course Trainer. The course will be highly interactive, with plenty of opportunity for questions
The Level 1 and Level 2 courses taken together constitute a complete training package on the fundamentals of bribery law and compliance. A discount is available for delegates booking both Bribery Level 1 and Bribery Level 2 - see below.