Bribery Level 1: Essential Knowledge
Courses take place in:
London and Dublin
Bribery and corruption, in all their facets, regularly make the headlines and are potentially significant issues for all organisations. Reputational damage, public procurement debarment, substantial fines and share price losses can, and often do, directly follow any issue related to bribery or corruption.
However, now that the UK Bribery Act is in force, the focus on these business-critical areas has become even greater, particularly given that the Bribery Act brings with it the prospect of ten-year prison sentences and unlimited fines.
This one-day training course is comprehensive and wide-ranging, and provides an excellent foundation in bribery and corruption, covering all critical areas including:
- What are bribery and corruption?
- How are bribery and corruption perpetrated?
- What the Bribery Act means for me, and for my organisation
- Training, education and communication
- How the Bribery Act compares with other international bribery laws
- Domestic and international risks of bribery
- The ‘Six Principles’ and what they mean
- What are adequate anti-bribery procedures?
- How to implement - and maintain - adequate procedures
- Proving that procedures are adequate
- The Corporate Shield
- What happens when adequate procedures fail?
- What needs to be included in a Code of Conduct?
- How to manage third-parties
- Getting top-level support, including the cost of compliance
Delegates will have the opportunity to work through a number of case studies drawn from the Ministry of Justice guidance, industry-specific scenarios and practical cases, supported by internationally-published short bribery and compliance Whitepapers produced by the Course Trainer. The course is highly interactive, with plenty of opportunity for questions.
The Level 1 and Level 2 courses taken together constitute a complete training package on the fundamentals of bribery law and compliance.
A discount is available for delegates booking both Bribery Level 1 and Bribery Level 2 - see below.